Mobile navigation has disappeared on mobile

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

I've been searching the forums but can't find a fix.

My mobile menu has been working fine for months, but I recently noticed it was gone. Works fine on my laptop. Most answers here have to do with custom CSS, but I'm not using any. Any ideas? I have a big sale going on and this is a huge problem.

Many thanks for any help you can give me. Linda

Edited by LindaRRR
forgot URL
  • Solution
19 hours ago, designerwright said:

My hamburger nav not working on mobile suddenly

This appears to be an ongoing technical fault ("bug") with sites built using an Aviator family template on Squarespace 7.0. Please contact Squarespace Customer Care to report the missing mobile navigation.

As a temporary workaround (to be removed later when bug has been fixed) you may want to try adding the following to Design > Custom CSS:

@media only screen and (max-width: 640px) {
  #mobile-navigation {
   display: block !important;
  }
}

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

This is happening to the site I manage as well. Any less than 641 px wide the navigation disappears and the "hamburger" menu that used to appear above our logo on mobile no longer appears either. Was working fine on Friday, I'm just noticing it now. 

Also on Aviator 7.0.

www.tracebloomfield.com 

Hi 

My brothers' customers let him know that the mobile menu had disappeared from his website. I assume this relates to an update or some sort as this was working OOB until now. 

I know enough found CSS to be dangerous and just add this in to get it working for the mobile. This makes the desktop messy but at least mobile users can make bookings. 

Wondered if anyone had way to fix this?

Thanks

James

#mobile-navigation {
     display: block !important;
}

4 minutes ago, designerwright said:

can anyone help

Please see my updated answer.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Just now, designerwright said:

not sure what to do?

Did you see the workaround I provided?

If you are not sure how to use CSS, see https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206545567

This bug has now been fixed. 

• 4 months later...