Adjust display of blog posts

Hi all, I have a blog page (with just three posts so far). I want it to display either just links to each post, or ideally, the most recent post, with links to the others.

At the moment, it always shows the same post, in full form, with links to the others way down at the bottom - even though one of those is a newer post.

I don't really want to scrap the whole blog page and start again, can anyone advise how to fix this please?

Image shows a rough idea of how I want it to display

blog layout.png

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Use a summary block and set it to display one featured item which can be the newest post. When you create a new one turn the featured filter on and turn it off for the previous post. Or set the block to display one item. Create a second block to display the rest. You can set the design to be just links no images. You will need to tag all but the newest one and filter the block using that tag. Once you do this the summary block page becomes your blog and put the actual blog page in the unlinked section of your site. You can swap url slugs  for the pages so that the navigation of your site remains the same. 

You can get an overview of  how summary blocks work by taking a look at my site. I use a lot of summary blocks which the look and layout can be designed multiple ways. The blog page in my Avenue template can only be a listing page. The featured post section could easily be one post if I wanted it. Up on the Nav bar is Special Stories, those links come from the main blog page and you can see how it lays out compared to summary block design. 

my random views

Edited by derricksrandomviews