Jump to content

Make Search Bar block and Archive Dropdown block same size

Go to solution Solved by Beyondspace,

Recommended Posts

Site URL: https://www.vancouverislandwhalewatch.com/recent-sightings

Hello!

I am trying to make my Archive Dropdown match my search bar in size on my blog - cannot drag and resize the block, it's just coming up with white space on the right side. It matches nicely on Mobile but not on Desktop.

I'd also like to make the archive dropdown list show 4 columns instead of one giant long column on the desktop version.

Thank you!

Desktop preview in Editing mode - spacer blocks on either side of Search and Archive blocks:

RSArchiveBlockIssue.thumb.png.b9d317e8e8ca7ee8ef62a5848b133e9b.png

Mobile preview:

RSArchiveIssueMobile.thumb.png.2f681ec6ab6306d6c80d6705adbdf5bd.png

Link to comment
5 hours ago, VIWW said:

Site URL: https://www.vancouverislandwhalewatch.com/recent-sightings

Hello!

I am trying to make my Archive Dropdown match my search bar in size on my blog - cannot drag and resize the block, it's just coming up with white space on the right side. It matches nicely on Mobile but not on Desktop.

I'd also like to make the archive dropdown list show 4 columns instead of one giant long column on the desktop version.

Thank you!

Desktop preview in Editing mode - spacer blocks on either side of Search and Archive blocks:

RSArchiveBlockIssue.thumb.png.b9d317e8e8ca7ee8ef62a5848b133e9b.png

Mobile preview:

RSArchiveIssueMobile.thumb.png.2f681ec6ab6306d6c80d6705adbdf5bd.png

You can drag and drop with the right columns

https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/12618315?key=a73aa33b3e6a7e5c4dbb25fd806d991e

Currently I find that you drag some weird element on the same row with the search By Month. Can you check it again?

Greeting, it's BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Keyword Highlighter
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

Link to comment
14 hours ago, Beyondspace said:

You can drag and drop with the right columns

https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/12618315?key=a73aa33b3e6a7e5c4dbb25fd806d991e

Currently I find that you drag some weird element on the same row with the search By Month. Can you check it again?

Hmm, I'm not sure what element you're talking about. On my end, I'm just seeing the spacers on either side and the Archive dropdown block that has a bunch of extra blank space on its right side?

RSArchiveBlockIssue2.png

Link to comment
  • Solution
14 hours ago, VIWW said:

Hmm, I'm not sure what element you're talking about. On my end, I'm just seeing the spacers on either side and the Archive dropdown block that has a bunch of extra blank space on its right side?

RSArchiveBlockIssue2.png

Nice, I check again and here is the code you can try on Home > Design > Custom Css

#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1664054628750_4247 .archive-block-wrapper {
  max-width: unset;
}

Support me by pressing 👍  or marking as solution if this useful for you

Greeting, it's BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Keyword Highlighter
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

Link to comment

My testing

image.thumb.png.4de4543afd8667550cb78e71ec4c3c10.png

Greeting, it's BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Keyword Highlighter
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

Link to comment
9 hours ago, Beyondspace said:

Nice, I check again and here is the code you can try on Home > Design > Custom Css

#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1664054628750_4247 .archive-block-wrapper {
  max-width: unset;
}

Support me by pressing 👍  or marking as solution if this useful for you

That worked perfectly! Thank you!!

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.