Highlight Tool on my Toolbar that seems to be missing everywhere else

Hello there,

I am in the process of helping my partner create a professional portfolio. I recently noticed this nifty highlight functionality (highlighted in pink in the image attached) on the text toolbar to create a nice highlight animation effect natively versus utilizing some custom CSS. My partner who is a site contributor/admin has also been working on it as well. However, across many different devices (laptop, 2 separate desktops) this feature is absent for her and her editing this text removes this additive until I add it back from my device.

What I find even more bizarre is there seems to be zero mention of it across squarespace's resources. Does anyone have any insight on to why this is/what this could be? Thank you in advance!

image.png.ca9ee73656d328cb024729713f37cde7.png

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, dayhoch said:

I recently noticed this nifty highlight functionality on the text toolbar to create a nice highlight animation effect. This feature is absent for [my partner]. What I find even more bizarre is there seems to be zero mention of it across squarespace's resources. Does anyone have any insight on to why this is/what this could be?

image.gif.f492985176a8acbd7f628d8f93d884c0.gif

The Text Highlighting feature is new! It is now being rolled out to all users and this can take several days, so it sounds like you have the feature but your partner will need to wait a little longer before it is available to them. Squarespace resources will be updated to include details soon.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.