How to autoplay audio block

Go to solution Solved by sayreambrosio,

10 hours ago, sanfranciscosasha said:

I've uploaded audio via the audio block. Trying to figure out how to set it to autoplay upon page load.

Here is my website https://bellhop-final.squarespace.com/

pass:demo

At the moment, the audio block controls are positioned at the bottom left on hero section.

thank you

Can you show me the screenshot of where this audio is located on your page?

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• Solution
11 hours ago, sanfranciscosasha said:

I've uploaded audio via the audio block. Trying to figure out how to set it to autoplay upon page load.

Here is my website https://bellhop-final.squarespace.com/

pass:demo

At the moment, the audio block controls are positioned at the bottom left on hero section.

thank you

The music is beautiful BUT it's an accessibility nightmare. People who use screen reader and have to listen to the site to navigate will have difficulty and most will just leave the site. I personally have an auditory processing disorder and never know what sounds will send me into a fight or flight mode. I rarely stay on a website that either auto plays audio or video. (I have other medical issues that relate to video including triggering seizures).

Just something to think about.

• 3 months later...

Hi Sayrembrosio, 

I totally agree, with you, but the client wants! I tried talking them out of it. I personally find music playing in the background of a website, super annoying, especially when you have multiple tabs open, and can't figure out how to make it stop 🙂  You bring up very important points, i'll talk to them again, and see if we can reconsider this. really appreciate your input!

On 3/10/2023 at 11:00 AM, sanfranciscosasha said:

Hi Sayrembrosio, 

I totally agree, with you, but the client wants! I tried talking them out of it. I personally find music playing in the background of a website, super annoying, especially when you have multiple tabs open, and can't figure out how to make it stop 🙂  You bring up very important points, i'll talk to them again, and see if we can reconsider this. really appreciate your input!

You can consider adding a play icon, then if users click on it, it will play audio.

Like this site I helped a member last week

A play icon on bottom left of screen

image.png.c917b92bd1ca347ef061fda13a12d2f9.png

When clicking on it, play audio + loop audio

image.png.1804deceb3497a72732e2de394dd47f8.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)