URGENT: cannot remove Squarespace's own social links from Suhama header

Hi, I cannot remove the Squarespace social links from the header on my site built with the Suhama template. My social links are there and are fine, but there are additional text links to squarespace's own Facebook, Linked In and Twitter which I cannot seem to remove no matter what I try. Even if I disable social links from the header mine just disappear but the square space links remain. Please help!?

Screenshot 2022-11-16 at 07.26.49.png

These are header elements, accessed when you edit the page, then click to edit the header, then go to Elements and disable the social icons. Alternatively in that menu item you can add your social media links to the icons instead of using text and links in the header. 

Hope the helps, give me a thumbs up if it did!

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

• 3 weeks later...

Check Home > Pages > Main Navigation. There are Link pages there pointing to SS's accounts. Remove them.

663005127_ScreenShot2022-12-06at11_46_29PM.png.d02ed230cebe16b0e203f5a46870c8fa.png

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

3 hours ago, JoeDin said:

I think what Cookiemonster means is you cannot delete the default social media links from the provided template - I'm having the same problem. All it does is take you to a blank page within the edit menu. 

Screen Recording 2022-12-07 at 1.24.24 AM.mov

That looks like a bug that needs reporting to Squarespace Support:

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/sections/115002484087-Contact-us

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

• 3 months later...

I had the same problem, but I found a solution.

In the footer, I also had a "social media links"-block (but you can add it anywhere on your page, even just temporarily, to solve this). In that social media links block, you can edit and delete the Squarespace links, which will delete them everywhere on your page, including those in the header.

Edited by Baconsandwich47
  • 6 months later...