Mega-Menu code capabilities just like Squarespace.com, ironically!

Hi Forum Team! 

I'm trying to accomplish a *mega menu* identical to the Squarespace.com menu with category (nested) drop downs and an image within. Any thoughts on accomplishing this. I asked live chat and they mentioned the only way is with custom code, that they don't actually offer that menu, funny!

I attached the two Squarespace examples along with a mock up of what we're looking to do specifically with a chef's website. 

Looking forward to hearing a workaround!

Screenshot 2022-11-15 at 3.30.57 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-11-15 at 3.31.09 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-11-15 at 3.31.52 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-11-15 at 3.33.09 PM.png

• Replies 3
  • Views 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

I asked live chat and they mentioned the only way is with custom code, that they don't actually offer that menu, funny!

Many of SS sites are customized versions of the base platform to accomplish whatever goal they have. They do what we need to do when SS doesn't having a feature built-in, use custom code.

I realize that mega menus are fairly popular but I suspect the market numbers aren't there to justify SS investing the time to bring this feature to the base platform.

Have you tried searching for squarespace mega menu using your favorite search engine? You should find several articles on ways to create one.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.