Shop turned into a blog. Please help!

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

• Bigla changed the title to Shop turned into a blog. Please help!
  • Solution
On 1/2/2022 at 6:17 PM, Bigla said:

Somehow the shop has turned into a blog.

This is a known issue that can occasionally occur with “collections” but when it occurs, you’ll need the assistance of someone at Squarespace. You can reach out to Customer Care using this link.

I'm told the Engineering Team are working on a fix so this doesn’t occur in the future.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, OliviaBeeken said:

I got in contact with square space and they said this is a known issue on their end. I wonder if there is any way to fix this to get my shop back.

I recommend getting back in touch with Customer Care to follow-up. The forum community are unable to help with this.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/22/2022 at 6:50 PM, OliviaBeeken said:

I am having the same issue! I got in contact with square space and they said this is a known issue on their end. I wonder if there is any way to fix this to get my shop back. Help!

Did you get this sorted? I had to ask SquareSpace to change it back for me. They did it pretty quickly.

• 5 months later...

Hey, I don't know if this has happened to anyone before. I was editing some translations in WeGlot, far away from anything concerning the store page in question, and when I came back to Squarespace the store page had become an events list page (???) and so I've now lost a huge amount of content. I'm trying to find a way to restore my page before looking into re-doing all the work. I can still see the products from that store page in my inventory, but the URLs don't work and all go to the events page (with events I have listed in another events list page with a different name...???)

If anyone has any advice on recovering that content, or if you even just have any idea what happened, that would be super helpful. Obviously I've reached out to Squarespace but this is super urgent and if I find a solution here before they get back to me tomorrow that would be great.

Thank you so much.

On 10/31/2022 at 1:56 AM, clarap said:

my store page was transformed to an events page. If anyone has any advice on recovering that content, or if you even just have any idea what happened, that would be super helpful. Obviously I've reached out to Squarespace but this is super urgent

You’ve done the right thing by contacting Squarespace Customer Care to ask them to restore the Store page. This is a known issue that can occasionally occur with “collections” but when it occurs, there’s nothing that any of us can do to resolve it - you’ll need the assistance of someone at Squarespace.

Edited by paul2009

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an interesting one...

This morning I got a call from a customer, they couldn't order one of the site's courses. So I opened the site, every single product and service has been converted to a blog post!

I've no idea how it happened, but it's causing massive problems.

I've got a ticket being escalated but apparently it can take several days for them to respond.

Would anyone have any bright ideas so I can fix this as soon as possible?

Thanks in advance

The shop page is www.mdrtraininguk.com/shop

It was my pleasure. At this stage, there's no further action that you can take on your end to prevent this in the future. Having said that, from the reports that i have received so far in regards this issue, this appears to occur only once on some websites. 

Our engineering team is trying to understand the pattern and deploy a fix. In the meantime, if you encounter the same issue again (let's hope not), please let us know. 

This was the response from support - seems obnly isolated websites

Please continue to report all incidents directly to Squarespace Customer Care using a support ticket. Squarespace employees don't routinely monitor this forum for feedback (see the guidelines - item 6).

There are an increasing number of reports about:

As mentioned in the other threads, Squarespace engineers are aware of this issue and can manually convert a collection back to the correct type, on a case-by-case basis, but they do not yet have a fix that prevents the problem from occurring. 

Edited by paul2009

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, curiousandcompany said:

would love if anyone could share their DIY solution if that's even possible!

A DIY is not possible as the issue is in SS's backend.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there! This same thing has happened to me and I can't seem to get help. I created an "events" page for the first time tonight, but had nothing to do with the "shop" page. I cannot edit, add, or do anything with the "shop" page that has been converted to an events page. I will potentially lose a very large amount of revenue due to this issue. I have tried everything. Did you have help resolving tis issue? 

Hello All,

Not sure if this is the correct location, we have successfully been selling events via our online booking page, for some reason today all of the products have disappeared from the online store page but still visible on the inventory page, this did happen a while back and we had to redo all of the products.

Any suggestions?

Inventory.jpg

Store Page.jpg

Hi everyone, this is the first time i have posted in here so please forgive me if i have posted this in the wrong section and i am hoping someone will be able to advise me on my problem, so here goes.

Yesterday i went onto my website to carry on with my online order store which is currently hidden from the public view whilst i add all my order products. For some unknown reason the online order store page isn't a store anymore but a blog i don't know what has happened. i have taken some photos of what has happened and i am hoping that someone will be able to advise me of how i can get this issue fixed or do i have to restart the order store again. All the products are there but when you click on them they show as a blog post..

Thank you for looking, and i look forward to any help/advise from anyone..

20230102_155633[1].jpg

20230102_160121[1].jpg

20230102_160149[1].jpg

20230102_160209[1].jpg

20230102_160226[1].jpg

20230102_160339[1].jpg

28 minutes ago, Purrtazzy said:

the online order store page isn't a store anymore but a blog

@Draghounds @Purrtazzy

Please see the post above. You will need to contact Squarespace Customer Care directly so they can resolve this for you. 

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️