Repositioning Description text of Products and put it under Gallery and Product info (Custom CSS Solution?)

Go to solution Solved by tuanphan,

Hi there,

I was wondering if I could get help with an Custom-CSS-like solution for repositioning and changing how the description text on a product page is displayed?

I would like the look that the Additional Info gives like on this page (under Gallery and Product Info, in its own full column):

https://www.skipthesmalltalk.com/unlisted-store-page-for-testing/skipthesmalltalk-pilot-example2-pd4l8 (Additional Info picture)

599307816_ScreenShot2022-11-14at9_18_36PM.thumb.png.0cea7859a8210e257ae6828408646cfc.png

Instead of like how it normally displays as a Description like on this page (description confined to be stuck on the left column):

https://www.skipthesmalltalk.com/unlisted-store-page-for-testing/skipthesmalltalk-pilot-example2 (Description picture)2132603152_ScreenShot2022-11-14at9_18_15PM.thumb.png.33dc98b0d22a85ce7cf0f8d5e13550df.png

I am uploading my product automatically using the Squarespace API. So an alternative solution would be if was possible to update the Additional Info section with the Squarespace API, but I haven't found anywhere that describes how to do that or if that is even supported. Manually moving the descriptions to the Additional Info section is not a viable solution.

Thanks so much for being such an awesome and helpful community!

• Solution

Add this code to Last Line in Code Injection > Footer

<script>
$(document).ready(function() { 
		$('.ProductItem-details-excerpt').insertAfter('section.ProductItem-summary.clear');
	});
</script>
<style>
  .ProductItem-details-excerpt {
    max-width: 750px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    margin-top: 40px;
}
</style>

image.thumb.png.a62e218840ec00b297b6b72fa96bc61a.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)