Removing Miniature Text When Forwarding An Email From A Squarespace Form Submission

Not sure if this is a problem with my email or the Squarespace forms, but as it only happens with Squarespace forms and no other emails, I'm asking here.

I have a very bizarre issue when trying to forward form responses from Squarespace. I receive the email fine, and it looks correct, but whenever I try to forward it to someone, it inserts the form responses again at the start, but the fort size is 1px. It looks like:

image.jpeg.c559d9a8dcedee28d2daffd1984ba216.jpeg

It isn't a massive problem as I can always just delete it, but it is annoying.
This only ever happens with Squarespace forms, it happens with all forms from our website, and it happens every time.

Does anyone have any idea why it is happening, and if it a problem with Squarespace or my email.

Thanks!

gardenbarn.co.nz

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, jimmy5090807 said:

I have a very bizarre issue when trying to forward form responses from Squarespace. I receive the email fine, and it looks correct, but whenever I try to forward it to someone, it inserts the form responses again at the start, but the fort size is 1px.

This isn't happening with Form Submissions on any of the email clients I have checked so it doesn't look like a Squarespace issue.

You didn't say which email client you are using, but I recommend that you check the version to see that it is the latest version. It could be that it is not aware of the "preview text" (the text that is now added to the top of automated emails to add a teaser of the content below the subject line) and so it is displaying this text in the reply instead of hiding it as you'd normally expect.

Let us know how you get on.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 11/16/2022 at 1:02 AM, paul2009 said:

This isn't happening with Form Submissions on any of the email clients I have checked so it doesn't look like a Squarespace issue.

You didn't say which email client you are using, but I recommend that you check the version to see that it is the latest version. It could be that it is not aware of the "preview text" (the text that is now added to the top of automated emails to add a teaser of the content below the subject line) and so it is displaying this text in the reply instead of hiding it as you'd normally expect.

Let us know how you get on.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Good point. I am using:

Microsoft® Outlook® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2211 Build 16.0.15831.20098) 64-bit

When I click "Update Options" > "Update Now" it tells me I'm up to date.

I just tried with a different email address and computer (one of my colleagues) who uses Outlook as well, and the same thing happened for them.

Then I tried using a different email client (Gmail) and it didn't do the bug, so it must be a problem with my email. I'll try finding a solution on a more appropriate forum. Or if you have any other suggestions I'd be glad to take them.

Thanks 

gardenbarn.co.nz