REQ: Sponsor reel/gallery on footer

Any change of getting a scrolling sponsor banner which you can also set to a footer?

I modified Gallery Reel so that it will autoplay without controls and scroll sponsor logos. You can see it at https://www.finlandiahiihto.fi/ at the bottom of the page.

The code is based on https://www.will-myers.com/articles/scrolling-logo-in-squarespace

I would like to add it on footer because creating it individually on each page is not really a solution as it would make the updating process pretty impossible and would require too much work. But it's not an option as you can't add Galleries in the footer.

I could make inject my own code for it but then I couldn't add any new images easily from the media library - and someone else updating the site would not be able to do it at all.

I would think this is somewhat needed feature for many Squarespace users and I'm slightly surprised this isn't a existing feature, or did I miss something.

Thanks

• Replies 3
  • Views 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can't add Reel to Footer, I think the solution is create a Not Linked Page, add Gallery Reel there, then we will use a 3rd party plugin to move Not Linked Page Content into Footer.

This will require a Business plan or higher.

What do you think?

If you need a demo, I can test on my test site & give a quick demo.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey tuanphan

As far as I know you can't add galleries into footer (in Sq 7.1) so I guess there's no official way to do it.

If you have something ready at hand and it's not too much of trouble I would be curious to see. And it might help someone else too I suppose as I have seen the question here before aswell if I remember correctly.

I do have a business plan on Squarespace.

Thank you

On 11/29/2022 at 7:34 PM, Daimon said:

Hey tuanphan

As far as I know you can't add galleries into footer (in Sq 7.1) so I guess there's no official way to do it.

If you have something ready at hand and it's not too much of trouble I would be curious to see. And it might help someone else too I suppose as I have seen the question here before aswell if I remember correctly.

I do have a business plan on Squarespace.

Thank you

You can add me as a contributor? I will try testing some code.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)