Trigger mobile menu drop down

Hello

I am putting together a wedding website with my fiancé to send out to guests.  Reality is most of them will likely view the site on their phone.

In mobile view there is a button at the very that says "Menu".  Which then triggers a drop down to display links to the various pages.  But the button is not 100% clear.

So what I'd like to do is to add a "learn more" button, which also triggers the drop down.

I've managed to get the menu to trigger on page load by adding the class "menu-open" the MobileMenu div.  But I cannot work out how to get it to do the same when I click the learn more button.

Is this even possible? What do I need to do?  Currently when I click the button it does nothing and just refreshes the page.

Also can I make it so that the learn more button only appears when in mobile view?

Thanks

• Replies 1
  • Views 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/14/2022 at 7:59 AM, rxssmcdxwell said:

Hello

I am putting together a wedding website with my fiancé to send out to guests.  Reality is most of them will likely view the site on their phone.

In mobile view there is a button at the very that says "Menu".  Which then triggers a drop down to display links to the various pages.  But the button is not 100% clear.

So what I'd like to do is to add a "learn more" button, which also triggers the drop down.

I've managed to get the menu to trigger on page load by adding the class "menu-open" the MobileMenu div.  But I cannot work out how to get it to do the same when I click the learn more button.

Is this even possible? What do I need to do?  Currently when I click the button it does nothing and just refreshes the page.

Also can I make it so that the learn more button only appears when in mobile view?

Thanks

Can you share your site so I can take a look? a mockup/sample could be good start to work around

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!