Photos have are not showing through half my site

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

https://www.thecounselher.com.au/

The home page shows a section with a dark screen and writing however under the edit section in the background it is supposed to have the image displayed - see below.

In terms of code - there is only the google tag code.

Everything has been working fine for a year and then today half the photos have disappeared so presuming ss have done an update somewhere and it has changed the settings. Unable to get hold of ss.

Thanks for your help

601919799_Screenshot2022-11-14at8_26_29pm.thumb.png.e09f3d4fc69a48de00b9385552faf027.png

• Solution
5 hours ago, Samihutton2022 said:

The home page...is supposed to have the image displayed.

Everything has been working fine for a year and then today half the photos have disappeared. Unable to get hold of ss.

Squarespace made a change to sections last week (adding a section-border class) and it appears to have caused some unexpected issues. I recommend that you reach out to Squarespace Customer Care asap to report the issue on your site and to alert them to the number of users who are affected.

As a temporary fix, you may be able to fix the issue that you mentioned with the following Custom CSS:

.page-section .section-border {
  background-color: transparent;
}

image.thumb.png.791f9534ddf15a4ef464df32f1c32eb1.png

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi all!

I've added a bit of custom CSS to my website, which has been working perfectly to create a parallax effect on my home and menu pages. However, my shop page does not display the background image.

Looking for any help! TIA!

Here is my custom CSS:

.section-background {
    position: fixed !important;
    height: 100vh
}

• 1 year later...
On 11/14/2022 at 2:00 PM, paul2009 said:

Squarespace made a change to sections last week (adding a section-border class) and it appears to have caused some unexpected issues. I recommend that you reach out to Squarespace Customer Care asap to report the issue on your site and to alert them to the number of users who are affected.

As a temporary fix, you may be able to fix the issue that you mentioned with the following Custom CSS:

.page-section .section-border {
  background-color: transparent;
}

image.thumb.png.791f9534ddf15a4ef464df32f1c32eb1.png

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

This solved my issue! Everything was working fine until Friday and then on Saturday I noticed our images on the main page weren't displaying. Or some would on refresh and then other wouldn't. This bit of code added to the custom css seems to have fixed it but I wonder why this is the case a year later?