order now pay later

hey

i'm pretty new in to this and got some questions. I work with leather and almost everything i do is custom for the customer and today I get an order then i create what they ordern and then they pay for it before i send it.. and that give me some trouble with the shopping cart. is it in any away possible to have a shop where the customer can click on what they want in shop and when they go to checkout they see a price then can click "order" instead of checkout, then i get a like a mail and can take it from that? then i can discuses last design and if it schould be something extra like gravyr or name plates, delivery time and last price and shipping.. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

hey

i'm pretty new in to this and got some questions. I work with leather and almost everything i do is custom for the customer and today I get an order then i create what they order and then they pay for it before i send it.. and that give me some trouble with the shopping cart. is it in any away possible to have a shop where the customer can click on what they want in shop and when they go to checkout they see a price then can click "order" instead of checkout, then i get a like a mail and can take it from that? then i can discuses last design and if it should be something extra like gravyr or name plates, delivery time and last price and shipping.. 

I run my business  in sweden if it makes any difference 

1 hour ago, veproduktion said:

is it in any away possible to have a shop where the customer can click on what they want in shop and when they go to checkout they see a price then can click "order" instead of checkout

I am not sure that I fully understand. Is the issue that you do not want to take payment in advance or that you don’t know the price until you have discussed it with the customer? Or is it something else? Some screenshots of the store and/or a video may help us to understand the context. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

yes i like to take payment when i finished the product because i do most of my stuff as custom. If someone like to buy a dog collar i can make it in maybe 20 different styles or more and on top of that they can order a brass nameplate or lasergravyr.. so as it work now when i sell stuff through insta/fb they just see a product in my feed and send me a pm what they are interested of then we discuss all different options then they order it and i make it, when it's done i contact them and send a invoice to them. after payment i send it. 

i like to make this more professional now and reach out to more people but keep my concept. i don't like to get paid directly when it could take like a month to get it ready. 

Customer go to my site and find a product they like to buy > put it in shopping cart > see the price on the product/products > now they can send a order (instead of go to shipping choice and pay) if it's a easy order with no extra i just can send them a invoice make it and send it. 

If it's a more special product then we can have discuss about it to see exactly what they want and final price if there is any change on that. 

something like change "pay" button to order and skip payment/shipping ( and they pay by invoice) 

does it make sense ? 

3 hours ago, veproduktion said:

I like to take payment when i finished the product because i do most of my stuff as custom

There isn't a built-in feature that does what you need, but I have a couple of paid solutions that may help.

If you would like visitors to be able to select one or more products, add them to a list and submit them to you without payment, we have a solution called Wishlist. Users can click the 'Add to..' button to add one or more products to a virtual cart and then submit that list to you without payment.

If you want users to be able order or enquire about a single product there's a solution called Product Enquiry that adds a button to Product Detail Pages. Users can click this button to submit their details to you. This submission will automatically include details of the product. It's ideal if you want customers to enquire about a single product. The button can replace the 'Add to Cart' button or coexist.

Feel free to direct message me or contact us via our website for more information about either of these.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.