Help! What's going on with this site?

I'm not sure what's going on with this site I manage for a client: https://www.birminghamearlyyearsnetworks.org/

I didn't build it, but I took over content management and have been trying to clean up some of the code. (I'm not hugely experienced in this area, I'm ok with CSS but not with JS).

A few weird things have happened, and I'm not sure if they're related.

First, the client said today they started receiving a lot of spam attempts at newsletter sign-ups (and emails from Squarespace – "Mailchimp didn't save your recent Form Block submission". 

I set up Google reCaptcha this evening, thinking that might help. I'm not sure if it had, but since then, the home page is all messed up when you're logged in. It's fine online, thankfully, but none of the pages are editable. I'm freaking out slightly, I can't think what on earth I've done that would cause this. All I did was add the API keys?!

Edited to add - weirdly, I've just noticed that when the CSS panel is open, it's editable and looks fine?

Any help is hugely appreciated.

Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 21.04.32.png

Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 21.05.00.png

Edited by LouiseDrever
Adding a note about the CSS panel
  • Replies 2
  • Views 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, LouiseDrever said:

I'm not sure what's going on with this site I manage for a client.

First, the client said today they started receiving a lot of spam attempts at newsletter sign-ups (and emails from Squarespace – "Mailchimp didn't save your recent Form Block submission". 

This usually occurs when someone attempts to sign up using a known spam email address. The email signup is rejected and you receive the informational message quoted above.

14 hours ago, LouiseDrever said:

the home page is all messed up when you're logged in. It's fine online, thankfully

This is either a Squarespace fault or a problem with CSS. You can load the site without custom code by using the /config/safe URL slug - like this: https://dahlia-banjo-ynfx.squarespace.com/config/safe

If the site is fine when you log in using this link, it is likely to be a custom code issue.

If the issue persists it is more likely to be a Squarespace issue, so you'll want to report it directly to Squarespace Customer Care. Note there is currently (for the last 9+ hours) an ongoing incident affecting many sites so this may or may not be related.

I hope this helps.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.