How to autoplay video block and remove play button OR add sound to background video (7.1)

Go to solution Solved by sayreambrosio,

password: mycroft

When adding a video block to 7.1, does anyone know if you can remove the PLAY button and have the video just autoplay?

In this case, the video sound is particularly important to the client so I can't use the (easy and wonderful, yet silent) background video video function.

Alternatively, if anyone knows how to code the background video to autoplay sound...that would also solve my problem!

Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 7.21.52 PM.png

• Solution
1 hour ago, alissalsexon said:

When adding a video block to 7.1, does anyone know if you can remove the PLAY button and have the video just autoplay?

I know how to do this for background art but not sure if the code will work on video blocks. You can try it through.

/*hide play button*/
.background-pause-button.visible {display: none!important}

1 hour ago, alissalsexon said:

In this case, the video sound is particularly important to the client so I can't use the (easy and wonderful, yet silent) background video video function.

For people without disabilities, autoplay media is an annoyance, but for people with some disabilities, autoplay can make a site unusable. Some of the possible unintended effects: 

People with cognitive disabilities may find media confusing or distracting.

Media may trigger seizures and other physical reactions.

Autoplay media can prevent users from navigating a site in a natural, intuitive way.

Autoplay can prevent users from hearing or otherwise conflict with screen readers, frustrating users who utilize text-to-speech software.