I can't edit my footer

• Replies 14
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not an issue I've seen. This is probably a good question to ask Squarespace Support: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/sections/115002484087-Contact-us

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Community,

I have had a footer bug for a while. If I click, add footer section, I'll see an unclickable button for edit footer, but I can't do anything to add or edit the footer. I tried deleting all of my custom code completely but it didn't solve the problem  so I added all my custom code back in. There is no custom code injected into the footer or if there is, I tried removing it and it didn't solve the problem so that's probably not the issue.

SS Help was no help at all. I kind of just gave up and added a section manually to the bottom of all of my pages to act as the footer. 

I know there are others out there who have had this issue but none of the threads I found had solved the issue.

First time posting, so let me know if you need more info.

If you are experiencing an issue please contact Squarespace Customer Care directly to reported, as @Ziggy suggested above. If Customer Care confirm it is a bug or provide a workaround, please post it here for the benefit of other users. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

1 minute ago, Liza_Faire_ said:

They were no help

I tried to reproduce this issue but it was working fine for me. If you are able to reproduce this, I recommend that you temporarily remove all custom CSS from your site and save it somewhere safe like a txt file. To do this properly, you'll need to remove the CSS from the Custom CSS panel, Code Injection and any Code Blocks that are on the page you are viewing. You can also load your site in "safe" mode to prevent scripts from running (add "safe" to the editing url like this example - https://example.squarespace.com/config/safe). If the issue goes away, it is most likely being caused by custom code.

If the issue remains, record a video (Loom is great for this) that demonstrates the issue and send it to Customer Care as additional evidence to help your case.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was having the same issue on Safari. Here's how I solved it:

I opened Chrome browser (Not my default browser). I logged into my website, clicked edit, and I was able to see the options when I clicked on the "edit footer" section. Once I selected the section, I made sure to save the page. Then, went back to Safari, refreshed the page, and voila! It was back to normal.

I hope this helps!   

Screenshot 2023-04-06 at 10.48.01 AM.png

• 3 weeks later...

I have tried/applied ALL of the above with no luck. The footer suddenly appeared after purchasing a years subscription. Everything was fine in the trial version. It is driving me absolutely nuts.  Who can help please?

33 minutes ago, mrj said:

The footer suddenly appeared after purchasing a years subscription.

Can you explain what you mean in a little more detail? A screenshot and link to the site may help us too.

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same issue. I cant seem to add any sort of block to my footer. As soon as I click the "Add block" button, the page automatically scrolls all the way up and the editing tools/dashboard disappear. Has anyone been able to find an answer?

3 minutes ago, Lpulecio said:

I'm having the same issue. I cant seem to add any sort of block to my footer. As soon as I click the "Add block" button, the page automatically scrolls all the way up and the editing tools/dashboard disappear. Has anyone been able to find an answer?

This seems like unusual behaviour. I would recommend clearing your browser cache and if this doesn't help then contacting Squarespace Support is probably the best thing to do.

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205815408-Clearing-your-browser-s-cache

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link)