I can't edit my footer

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Community,

I have had a footer bug for a while. If I click, add footer section, I'll see an unclickable button for edit footer, but I can't do anything to add or edit the footer. I tried deleting all of my custom code completely but it didn't solve the problem  so I added all my custom code back in. There is no custom code injected into the footer or if there is, I tried removing it and it didn't solve the problem so that's probably not the issue.

SS Help was no help at all. I kind of just gave up and added a section manually to the bottom of all of my pages to act as the footer. 

I know there are others out there who have had this issue but none of the threads I found had solved the issue.

First time posting, so let me know if you need more info.

If you are experiencing an issue please contact Squarespace Customer Care directly to reported, as @Ziggy suggested above. If Customer Care confirm it is a bug or provide a workaround, please post it here for the benefit of other users. 

Improve your online store with our extensions.
About: Squarespace Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, appreciation and great design ♥.
Work: Squarespace Developer and founder of SF Digital, building the features Squarespace didn't include™.
Content: Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

Buy me a coffee

1 minute ago, Liza_Faire_ said:

They were no help

I tried to reproduce this issue but it was working fine for me. If you are able to reproduce this, I recommend that you temporarily remove all custom CSS from your site and save it somewhere safe like a txt file. To do this properly, you'll need to remove the CSS from the Custom CSS panel, Code Injection and any Code Blocks that are on the page you are viewing. You can also load your site in "safe" mode to prevent scripts from running (add "safe" to the editing url like this example - https://example.squarespace.com/config/safe). If the issue goes away, it is most likely being caused by custom code.

If the issue remains, record a video (Loom is great for this) that demonstrates the issue and send it to Customer Care as additional evidence to help your case.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Improve your online store with our extensions.
About: Squarespace Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, appreciation and great design ♥.
Work: Squarespace Developer and founder of SF Digital, building the features Squarespace didn't include™.
Content: Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

Buy me a coffee