Padding changes work in preview but not live on device?

Hi there,

I've been trying to make changes to the padding of an image, but even though the changes appear and save while editing, they do not display when I actually look at the site on a phone.

Furthermore, when I make edits to other screen sizes via Squarespace's builder, if I go back into mobile view then the padding changes are gone. I assume this is due to the div ID changing each time I change something on the site. If I switch between views or log in and out the change stays, but still does not appear on a mobile device.

I tried changing the padding for the block that the image is contained in but adding padding does nothing. It only changes if I choose a sub div, and then only for the view in Squarespace and not when viewed on an actual device.

Here are some screenshots, one in the editor and one screenshotted from a phone. I've included the dreaded red circles to make it as clear as possible. Any help would be extremely appreciated. Thanks!

squarespace site 01.PNG

312623215_564543522105807_2385058124889831309_n.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Views 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

Yes. #yui- is dynamic ID, don't use it. You should find #block-yui

Use this free tool to find block yui id

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/squarespace-id-finder/igjamfnifnkmecjidfbdipieoaeghcff?hl=en

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)