Overall website design and effectiveness

Hello everyone, I am a wellness coach and teacher and designed my own website. I wanted to ask if anyone of you would be willing to take a look at my website and give me any suggestions on how to improve it. It shows up high on Google search, but I don't get many orders through it. If you know of any course or other resource to help me, I'd appreciate it as well. Many thanks and blessings. My website is dervesh.ca

Edited by Shehbaz

Your homepage dives straight into your packages, which is great if you've got an easy sell, but if you're having trouble converting website visitors into sales, then you may want to consider if you could be doing more to educate people landing on your website. Setting yourself out as an expert and convincing people on why their money is best spent on you rather than someone else should hopefully have a positive impact. Give people a justification for buying from you before you offer your products. For me, your business is about you first, so that's what I would want to see first. I hope that helps!

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there. Your website does look pretty, but I do agree with the comment above that you need to educate your customers a bit and only then convert. You can use your landing page for that purpose. For example, what I would do is take those testimonials out of the menu and insert them on the left or right side of the landing page so they would be visible right away.

Another thing to work on is your core web vitals, especially on optimizing your store for mobile devices. Today's eCommerce is swiftly turning on to mobile devices with statistics showing that 60% of customers are making payments by mobiles instead of desktops. That being said, you have 20+ images and 4 videos on your landing page. You might want to lower the number of those which will result in a faster web page loading and might decrease your bounce rate(customers leaving your website). I prefer a landing page with 4-5 scrolls at most, which you can adjust so if my bits of advice make sense to you.  

All in all, I would say that your website is fine. I do like the way you filled your "About" page, which increases the trustworthiness of the website in general, and hence it helps with your rank on google. I hope this helps!

Edited by matx2that
  • 4 weeks later...

I think the site needs a little more structure. You can think of your Home page as a journey. Visitors need to travel through the page, starting with introductory information about you or the business, then your offer, the benefits, customer feedback, etc. As mentioned above, you jump straight into your offer, leaving out your story and the means for your audience to truly connect with you.

The Home page is also long — you can condense it to your key information and calls to action.

I also recommend adding a favicon/browser icon, and footer pages for your Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy to increase trust and credibility.

— Hannah
Sisu Templates

A brand designer & strategist creating brands that bridge the gaps between artistry, strategy, and thoughtful consideration. Creator of Studio Founded, a digital resource library for purposeful business owners. 
💻 Shop Squarespace Templates
✍️ Curated Business Resources

🥰 Complimentary Downloadables
🤍 Bespoke Branding & Websites

Links in my posts may be affiliate links.