Need help, visiting a page with a video on it scrolls down to the video when the page loads

I am working on a website which has a video about halfway down on the "about" page. When I go to the "about" page, it loads in the middle of the page with the video in focus. How do I get this page to load at the top without focusing on the video??

I have played around with it a little bit by moving the video to the top and bottom, it definitely has to do with the video on the page. It seems like the video is automatically made the focus when it loads and it checks the volume on the video.

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

Please set up a site-wide password, if your site is not public and you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site.

Please read the site-wide password and how to share a link documentation to understand how they work.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 1 month later...

Folks. You are asking us to fix your car but you haven't brought the car into the shop.

We need URLs to pages that are having problems so we can attempt to diagnose the issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

3 hours ago, tubaguy68 said:

I have the same issue.

I am unable to reproduce the issue on your site. I loaded the links you provided and also clicked on each link in navigation while being on the respective pages and they always loaded at the top.

Have you tried viewing your pages in private browsing? Does the issue occur while in pb?

• 3 weeks later...

I am also experiencing this issue? Was there a resolution to force the page to load from the top? Any page in my site that has a video, loads wherever the video is placed. This happens in desktop mode, but not on a mobile devices. Also, it does not occur in desktop mode when using an incognito browsing window. 

Example: https://www.clsgraphix.com/clientcollections/spotbarandgrill

I am stumped. Please help if possible.

Thank you!

Edited by curtis1070
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all, just wanted to check if anyone found a fix for this? I can't share a link due to the sensitive client material and licensing of the music used on the video. I am having exactly the same issues, the page loads and jumps straight to the video.

EDIT- I managed to fix this by accident, by muting the video and then unmuting it. For some reason one and a half months on, I have the same issue again. I noticed that the volume control is visible for a second just after the jump. Is this triggering the jump? Also I cannot seem to fix it the way I did before. Please, if anyone finds a fix, please let me know.

Edited by Dan_J
Found fix, then broke again
On 3/11/2023 at 12:36 AM, Dan_J said:

Hi all, just wanted to check if anyone found a fix for this? I can't share a link due to the sensitive client material and licensing of the music used on the video. I am having exactly the same issues, the page loads and jumps straight to the video.

You try edit Video > Disable/Enable Muted Option.

I used to help a member with similar case. I don't remember specifically. The only thing I remember to fix the problem for him was turning off an option when editing the video

Maybe Muted option or Autoplay option

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Heather_v said:

@creedon I hope someone can put in this ticket

I urge anyone who is having troubles to reach out to Contact Customer Support.

I am a member like yourself so I have no magic to make things happen.

• 2 months later...

@tuanphan @creedon

Hi All...

Just discovered this problem on one of my client sites and fixed it, hopefully the fix lasts, and helps others too.

So... I have built 50+ websites on SS since I joined in 2013 [though it shows I joined in 2016 which is wrong :] anyway... All of a sudden on an existing client website [built on v7.1] started jumping down to the embedded video rather than starting at the top of the page.

Ok... so I edited each video where I have it embedded, and changed the "player controls" from "all" to minimal and its solved the jump problem for me.  It's obviously a bug, but if this fixes it for now, I can live with the limited user control.

Good luck to all...

David / THREE CATS Technology Studio

Edited by THREECATS
  • 2 months later...

All, 

I'm having the same issue with my site. All pages with an embedded video open directly onto the video.  I have tried both of the above fixes, changing controls to minimal and keeping video on all controls but muting.  Both work; however, the same issue returns if I save again with all and unmute.  I'm just putting it out there in hopes someone has come up with a better resolution and find out how long this issue lasted for those who experienced the same issue.