Upgrading a site before renewal

So I am trying to upgrade my website to an e-commerce site which I was able to do BUT it won't start until my website renews in March. Is there any way I can switch over now instead of waiting another 6 months before I can sell my own products??? Frustration ensuing as I know this would be fixed if I could SPEAK TO SOMEONE jeez these people are hard to contact. 

• Replies 4
  • Views 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 11/3/2022 at 10:30 PM, kris_morgan said:

I am trying to upgrade my website to an e-commerce site which I was able to do BUT it won't start until my website renews in March.

You can upgrade your website subscription at any time. It usually takes effect immediately when you are upgrading your plan, unless you try to change the frequency of the payments. For more details see Changing your website billing plan.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 weeks later...

If I already paid annually for a personal plan and before that plan is up want to upgrade to business will I have to pay for both plans? 

It looks like the only options are pay monthly...but it won't go into effect into my previous billing cycle is up in May or pay for it annually and not get reimbursed for the remaining time on my personal annual plan?

Screen Shot 2022-11-24 at 9.08.05 AM.png

I'm currently on the annual subscription Personal Plan that doesn't renew until May. I'd like to upgrade my plan to the Business plan. When I try to upgrade I have to pay for an entirely new annual plan or pay for the monthly plan which doesn't go into effect until my Personal plan is up in May. 

How do I upgrade to the new plan without having to double pay an entirely new annual plan. I'd like to just pay the difference.... 

4 hours ago, Rudybro said:

It looks like the only options are pay monthly...but it won't go into effect into my previous billing cycle is up in May or pay for it annually and not get reimbursed for the remaining time on my personal annual plan?

This is not correct. As I mentioned above, you can upgrade at any time. If you remain on the annual plan, you will be charged the prorated difference between your old and new plan. 

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.