Domain not connecting

I connected my Squarespace page to my domain that is hosted in Godaddy. Squarespace is showing that it is active and connected, but when I go to my URL the page is saying that the website is pending domain owner verification. Clicking the link to manage my domain settings is taking me in circles. Everything has been updated. Nameservers in godaddy have been changed. I cannot figure out why it keeps giving me the ownership verification message. 

Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 3.49.59 PM.png

• Replies 5
  • Views 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Verification appears to be complete. Are you still having issues?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

1 minute ago, adrianmesko said:

appears to be pointed correctly but getting the verification message

How long have you waited?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

I am not entirely sure what you mean. Since the DNS details were adjusted to point to Squarespace with my domain provider?

Is it a matter of time? The message says I need to verify something but when I click that link it just takes me to my Squarespace account with no clear way of proceeding. There I can see that the domain is linked but there is nowhere I can see to 'verify' the domain.

Thank you for you help BTW

I now get a different set of screens.image.thumb.png.704b4c77aab7703f14e467c287029a85.png

I selected Advanced - then I get 

image.thumb.png.38fb6e1f3dec54f1799e17a8f66345d7.png

so I proceed to doggiejamas.com ( unsafe )  - it loads up the website but if you see in the URL name its actually showing DoggieJama.Online - which is an old domain name which I bought on Squarespace but being that its an obscure extension I decided to buy the .com ( dogiejamas.com). Beyond the UNSAFE errror message which I obviously dont want my customers to land on, is there a way for the site to load under the www.dogiejamas.com URL?image.thumb.png.64e12d2b775dc3edf777f20656302723.png