Removing Header if site is being opened in my mobile app

Hello. I am using AppMySite.com to turn some of my webpages into a mobile app. ("REAP Advisor" in the iOS App Store at the moment.) 

AppMySite gave me the option to "Remove header" from my site when using the app. I want to do this, but it's not working due to the header being named some class other than "header" within Squarespace's code. 

Since I can't fix this on AppMySite's end, can you all help me (maybe with code injection?) to tell Squarespace to NOT show the header or footer when the page is being loaded by the AppMySite app?

Here's what the AppMySite people said:

We've checked this and it looks like this issue is occurring because the header's class in the HTML of your website is: "Mobile-bar Mobile-bar--top" and not header. Since the HTML class of this element on your website doesn't mention header it's not being automatically picked up to be removed from the app. You can check this if you right click on your website and click "Inspect element" by clicking the phone icon (the icon left of the "Elements" tab) and then selecting the header. 

Now, we see that you already tried to use the Hide HTML element by class feature but you haven't inputted the correct class here; you need to enter "Mobile-bar Mobile-bar--top" to hide the header. 

Would it go something as simple this? can anyone help? Thank you!

<script>
if ( ***SITE IS BEING OPENED IN APPMYSITE APP***) {
    ***DON'T DISPLAY HEADER or FOOTER***;
}
</script>

Screen Shot 2022-11-02 at 10.53.22 AM.jpg

Edited by lsalex
duplicate photos
  • lsalex changed the title to Removing Header if site is being opened in my mobile app
  • Replies 1
  • Views 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images