Subscriber (from eCommerce) vs my Mailchimp lit connection

Go to solution Solved by DrGailTechTeam,

I am adding an eCommerce section to my site. In my site settings, I have a MailChimp list connected to it.

When I tested an eCommerce purchase, the email address was added as a subscriber in SquareSpace, not MailChimp. Does that mean I will always have two lists? (People who subscribe to my list end up in MailChimp and eCommerce people are stored as subscribers in SquareSpace?)

Any clarifications are greatly appreciated.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution
On 11/2/2022 at 10:44 AM, ninsights said:

I am adding an eCommerce section to my site. In my site settings, I have a MailChimp list connected to it.

When I tested an eCommerce purchase, the email address was added as a subscriber in SquareSpace, not MailChimp. Does that mean I will always have two lists? (People who subscribe to my list end up in MailChimp and eCommerce people are stored as subscribers in SquareSpace?)

Any clarifications are greatly appreciated.

I am having exactly the same issue, the workaround I found is to Install Squarespace Commerce Integration and sync the contacts, yet that would not add them as subscribers hence won't be able to send marketing emails. I am looking for a solution because this should work out out the box