Transferring Domain AWAY From Squarespace

Hey guys- was wondering if there was a way when transferring a domain AWAY from Squarespace, if you could speed up the process? Most providers (GoDaddy, HostGator, Bluehost, etc.) if you are transferring a domain away you can accept the transfer to get it done almost immediately. Squarespace doesn't seem to have that option- am I wrong about this? Is there anything I can do?

• Replies 5
  • Views 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, wa7245 said:

Bluehost

I'm not familiar with Bluehost unfortunately.

This is going to sound still but did you make sure to unlock it on Squarespace? When I first started I transferred one out and had forgot to unlock it. Eventually the transfer failed and I realized what had happened. I unlocked it and it was done in a few days.

Here's the Squarespace help article in case you haven't seen it. https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205812338-Transferring-a-domain-away-from-Squarespace

2 hours ago, sayreambrosio said:

I'm not familiar with Bluehost unfortunately.

This is going to sound still but did you make sure to unlock it on Squarespace? When I first started I transferred one out and had forgot to unlock it. Eventually the transfer failed and I realized what had happened. I unlocked it and it was done in a few days.

Here's the Squarespace help article in case you haven't seen it. https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205812338-Transferring-a-domain-away-from-Squarespace

I have unlocked it and already initiated the transfer. The status on Bluehost is "Pending Losing Registrar Approval" 

If I were to transfer from GoDaddy to Bluehost or something like that, GoDaddy would let you accept the transfer so there is no waiting period. I don't understand why Squarespace wouldn't let you do the same. I've been looking everywhere, even contacted support and have been told that "There is nothing left to do"- when on their end they can accept the transfer so you don't have to wait a week for it to be completed.

6 minutes ago, wa7245 said:

I have unlocked it and already initiated the transfer. The status on Bluehost is "Pending Losing Registrar Approval" 

If I were to transfer from GoDaddy to Bluehost or something like that, GoDaddy would let you accept the transfer so there is no waiting period. I don't understand why Squarespace wouldn't let you do the same. I've been looking everywhere, even contacted support and have been told that "There is nothing left to do"- when on their end they can accept the transfer so you don't have to wait a week for it to be completed.

Gotcha. Wix works that way as well. I will get an email saying accept to process it now. 

I know that's not helpful in the least, but just wanted to confirm that it is indeed on SQSP's end and nothing you missed.