Expandable Text Field in Content Block Sections

Hi all,

Wondering if it's at all possible to add an expandable / read more button to paragraphs in Squarespace's pre-made content block/card sections (sorry not sure what these are called).

I've added a screenshot below to show what I'm referring to. I'd ideally like to be able to add a read more button at the end of longer paragraphs to keep all text length consistent. As per the ones on the left — I've just done this as a text example to show what I mean. The ones on the right is how it would look without this.

Open to any other ways this could be done also / any other blocks that could do this better.

I know I could possibly just re-create these sections as normal text blocks and then put an accordion or something similar, but I'm just trying to keep it as simple as possible for the client to edit.

Note, I haven't made the site as of yet, just planning out and used a random default template for the example below.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Thanks!
A

Example.png

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, awd113 said:

Hi all,

Wondering if it's at all possible to add an expandable / read more button to paragraphs in Squarespace's pre-made content block/card sections (sorry not sure what these are called).

I've added a screenshot below to show what I'm referring to. I'd ideally like to be able to add a read more button at the end of longer paragraphs to keep all text length consistent. As per the ones on the left — I've just done this as a text example to show what I mean. The ones on the right is how it would look without this.

Open to any other ways this could be done also / any other blocks that could do this better.

I know I could possibly just re-create these sections as normal text blocks and then put an accordion or something similar, but I'm just trying to keep it as simple as possible for the client to edit.

Note, I haven't made the site as of yet, just planning out and used a random default template for the example below.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Thanks!
A

Example.png

You can the solution on the following sharing post

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date format)
💫 Animated Buttons (Referral URL)
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

Hi @bangank36

Thanks for your reply.

I'm unfortunately unable to get this working. I've followed your steps but it doesn't appear to be working.

You can see the site here (pw: 345) 
About page > 'Meet Our Team' section at the bottom, 3rd row down, second from the left (Deb) — I have put the 'Read More' half-way through this.

Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Andy

On 11/8/2022 at 4:30 PM, awd113 said:

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I'm unfortunately unable to get this working. I've followed your steps but it doesn't appear to be working.

You can see the site here (pw: 345) 
About page > 'Meet Our Team' section at the bottom, 3rd row down, second from the left (Deb) — I have put the 'Read More' half-way through this.

Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Andy

Do you still need help on this?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)