Is there a way to have a homepage logo alternate to match the changing light/dark theme of a template?

Go to solution Solved by tuanphan,

Hey! First time posting here. Using the Forte theme on my website, which runs a slideshow of images as the main background for my homepage and alters the navigation menu to a light or dark theme based on the current slideshow image in order to keep it nice and visible (i.e. if the current slideshow image is a darker one, the navigation menu will appear in white text, switching to black text if the next image is a lighter one).

My question is: I've got my logo displayed in one corner of my homepage, and I'd like to cue it to also switch between a light and dark version based on the slideshow. Is there a way to do this, idk... inverting the logo's colour or something? Or uploading two versions of the logo? Open to ideas.

• Replies 6
  • Views 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, atomicblue said:

Hey! First time posting here. Using the Forte theme on my website, which runs a slideshow of images as the main background for my homepage and alters the navigation menu to a light or dark theme based on the current slideshow image in order to keep it nice and visible (i.e. if the current slideshow image is a darker one, the navigation menu will appear in white text, switching to black text if the next image is a lighter one).

My question is: I've got my logo displayed in one corner of my homepage, and I'd like to cue it to also switch between a light and dark version based on the slideshow. Is there a way to do this, idk... inverting the logo's colour or something? Or uploading two versions of the logo? Open to ideas.

Can you share your site with the protected password so I can take a look?

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• Solution
On 11/4/2022 at 9:51 AM, atomicblue said:

Yeah, no problem - it's not password-protected.

At present the URL is http://brianoneill.photography/portfolio

The logo says "Lloyd Byrd", though - I'm in the process of establishing an artist alias so don't pay the name difference any mind.

Try adding to Design > Custom CSS

div#canvas.color-weight-light header img {
    filter: invert(1);
}

Dark is color-weight-dark

Light is color-weight-light

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 6 months later...
On 5/17/2023 at 10:05 AM, Safe said:

Hey Atomicblue, I'm wondering what template/block did you use for your Slideshow Images on the main fold of your Menu page?

I just checked this site, I think it is Gallery Page or default gallery option of this template

But you can replicate it with List Section Slideshow or Gallery Section Slideshow (we will need to use some CSS code to move text over image + make text background

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)