Scheduling Client List Problem, 2 Clients with the same name

I have just added a new client to the database that has the same first and last name as a previous client. Instead of creating a new client the new appointment has been added to the existing clients file, and the new clients details have been lost.

To put it another way, I added a new client with the same name as a previous client, but of course the eMail address and phone number are different. The new eMail and phone number have been forgotten and the new appointment notification has been sent to the previous client.

This seems like a bug? It can’t be intended functionality?

Is there a way around this without changing the clients name! As it would appear that the client list is trying to use first name last name as the unique key…

• Replies 5
  • Views 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/31/2022 at 6:09 AM, SquiggFSM said:

I have just added a new client to the database that has the same first and last name as a previous client. Instead of creating a new client the new appointment has been added to the existing clients file, and the new clients details have been lost.

To put it another way, I added a new client with the same name as a previous client, but of course the eMail address and phone number are different. The new eMail and phone number have been forgotten and the new appointment notification has been sent to the previous client.

This seems like a bug? It can’t be intended functionality?

Is there a way around this without changing the clients name! As it would appear that the client list is trying to use first name last name as the unique key…

I recently encountered this. Father and son...Sr. & Jr. Neither were using their suffix. And the system merged the two of them, despite differing emails and phone numbers.

Spoke with both, and they have started to use it. No issues anymore, unless they forget to add it. 

I am assuming that your clients aren't related? I would suggest adding a symbol after the last name of the more amenable client, and ask them to add it after their last name, when they make a booking?

The system should not be doing this...will now submit as a bug.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the clients are not related. It was also a phone booking so I entered the details myself without knowing about the bug and it’s hard to remember if someone has used that name before out of hundreds of not thousands of clients. Then you only find out after the booking is made…

should I also post a bug report?

I received a response this morning:

How do they even think that this was a good idea.

There isn't a way to make client profiles distinct by name and email, but we can enable a setting on the backend to make clients distinct by name and phone number. 

This should solve your issue; would you like me to enable this for your account?

As for Matt/Matthew, there isn't really a solution for this, though if the client has a registered client account and they log in while booking, their information should populate automatically.

The Matt/Matthew issue is the system creating a Matt and a Matthew entry even though the phone number and email match. I don't know why they don't see that email as the unique identifier would fix these issues.