Forms: Include a path to a folder within Google Drive

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

When I send a form to a spreadsheet on Google Drive, can I specify a folder to put the spreadsheet in? I tried including a path in the filename (e.g., "Forms/thisform", but it just created a file in the top MyDrive with that name (including  the slash in the name). I tried both forward and back slashes. The back slash caused an error. 

Thanks

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

While I suspect it is technically possible via Google's API to do what you want, I suspect SS choose not to add that level of complexity to the form Storage options.

I don't have a solution but it may be possible to write some scripts Google side to take the lines that are coming into the top level document and move them into another spreadsheet that is in a folder.

You of course end up having two forms but if your goal is to use folders for organizational purposes, then this potential technique would get you there.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.