Change color of the main menu

• Replies 7
  • Views 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi @Octavian9765, can you share your website URL and site wide password if it's not public? Thanks!

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

Are you referring to the main navigation, i.e. Home Infos DJ Bewerbung etc.?

You should be able to adjust that easily in the Design -> Site Styles menu. Click on Colors, and select the top section theme (I believe that this should be Dark 1 on your homepage) and then adjust "Navigation Links" to the color you want.

Zygmunt Spray
Contact me: 

8 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Are you referring to the main navigation, i.e. Home Infos DJ Bewerbung etc.?

You should be able to adjust that easily in the Design -> Site Styles menu. Click on Colors, and select the top section theme (I believe that this should be Dark 1 on your homepage) and then adjust "Navigation Links" to the color you want.

Yes, that is waht I mean
However, Some pages have a dark background, other have a white backgroud, and if i set the color of this menu to white for example, it will not be visible on all of the pages.
Is there a way to change it individually? Thanks!

You should be able to adjust it in the color theme settings. If you're strategic about how you use the color themes on the top sections, make sure you use one of your dark themes when you have a background image so you can set the text to white without impacting other sections. The problem occurs when you put a background image in a top section of a page, then adjust the navigation colour to white so it looks good, then try and use that same section colour theme at the top of another page without having a background image so now the background is white and the text is white. I hope this makes sense!

Basically if you have a background image or video use a dark section theme, and you shouldn't have issues with the navigation not showing up.

Zygmunt Spray
Contact me: 

2 hours ago, Ziggy said:

You should be able to adjust it in the color theme settings. If you're strategic about how you use the color themes on the top sections, make sure you use one of your dark themes when you have a background image so you can set the text to white without impacting other sections. The problem occurs when you put a background image in a top section of a page, then adjust the navigation colour to white so it looks good, then try and use that same section colour theme at the top of another page without having a background image so now the background is white and the text is white. I hope this makes sense!

Basically if you have a background image or video use a dark section theme, and you shouldn't have issues with the navigation not showing up.

Got it, it means i should use a neutral color so it would be visible on all of the backgrounds.