Doofinder and Squarespace?

I am currently looking at quite a complex web project for work - we want to move half of our website across to squarespace, but leave the e-commerce half with our current web hosting service (under another sub-domain).

For context - this is purely for the easy design aspect of squarespace and being able to improve the company image, but can't move the products over as our API is quite complex and works quite well where it currently is.

I need to know if our search function would work in the new Squarespace side of the site - how would I go about coding in a DooFinder search bar to the header of the site? I'm quite new to coding - I can do the basics but nothing as complex as this!

Can anyone provide a solution?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you could start with Doofinder's guide steps 1-4: https://support.doofinder.com/getting-started/installing-doofinder. I'm thinking you'd use the URL of your existing ecommerce for the Feed portion, unless you're familiar with their file requirements.  

Once it generates the script for you that gets pasted into Advanced > Header Code Injection. 

You'll then have to add some HTML & CSS to create a search bar in your header. The CSS Selector they mention in their instructions is the class you use in the code below. 

From what I'm reading on their instructions the HTML just needs to identify a container for their search box so it could be as simple as pasting <div class="search"></div> into header code injection. There might be a bit more HTML and styling required, I just don't know what their script will generate in that div. 

We can go from there!