Want top logo to get super big when you scroll up (and main navigation links go above)

• SYDTHESQUID147 changed the title to Want top logo to get super big when you scroll up (and main navigation links go above)
On 11/7/2022 at 10:35 PM, SYDTHESQUID147 said:

Hello 🙂

www.sydneykrause.com 🙂

thank you! 

First, edit Header > Choose Fixed Header > Basic

Next, add this to Design > Custom CSS

.header-title-logo a, .header-title-logo a img {
    width: 500px;
    position: relative;
    max-height: unset;
    transition: all 0.3s;
}
.shrink .header-title-logo a, .shrink .header-title-logo a img {
    width: 100%;
    max-height: 150px;
    transition: all 0.3s;
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, mbockmaster said:

the logo on this site is exactly what I'm hoping to achieve

I'm not tuanphan 🙂 but I have a comment. You might be able to get close to this effect but not exactly the same without doing too much violence to the structure of the page, which may break the header. SS is often doing dynamic behaviours with the header.

On the example you show the "header" appears to be under the first "section". SS's site headers are always at the top of the site.

Your logo may be a challenge as it appears to be a logo/tag line combo?

While it is fairly trivial with CSS to begin to get this effect going. It will take more than just a few lines of CSS to get a final effect, assuming it can be achieved at all.

ScreenShot2023-03-18at8_24_33PM.thumb.png.3ed437a6d3042c72354b918a3ccc8663.png

The hard part comes in animating the logo from the bottom of the screen into it's position into the header. That requires JavaScript (business plan or above) and some not so easy JS code. You basically have to monitor the scroll position of the page and animate based on that.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

16 hours ago, creedon said:

I'm not tuanphan 🙂 but I have a comment. You might be able to get close to this effect but not exactly the same without doing too much violence to the structure of the page, which may break the header. SS is often doing dynamic behaviours with the header.

On the example you show the "header" appears to be under the first "section". SS's site headers are always at the top of the site.

Your logo may be a challenge as it appears to be a logo/tag line combo?

While it is fairly trivial with CSS to begin to get this effect going. It will take more than just a few lines of CSS to get a final effect, assuming it can be achieved at all.

ScreenShot2023-03-18at8_24_33PM.thumb.png.3ed437a6d3042c72354b918a3ccc8663.png

The hard part comes in animating the logo from the bottom of the screen into it's position into the header. That requires JavaScript (business plan or above) and some not so easy JS code. You basically have to monitor the scroll position of the page and animate based on that.

Thanks for the reply @creedon! I'm definitely not opposed to purchasing a plugin, if you happen to know where one like this could be found 🙂