My footer is coded so I can't change the display colour of it.

Hi,

I've had my website made by an external agency and we changed the background colour of the website, from white to lilac,

I've made updates to my footer and want to change the colour of it so its not the same as the rest of the website however Squarespace Help have advised the below (refer correspondence).

Is anyone available to walk me through the steps to change this?

I like the background colour of my website, so I don't want to change it, however I do want to change the colour of my footer so it is not like the rest of the website.  Thanks.

Thank you for reaching back out to us - I see you are still experiencing some issues with wanting to change your footer background color, and I'd be glad to have another look!

The steps suggested by my colleague above are correct and should be working, but upon trying this out, I see that the sections do not change colors. After investigating a bit further, It seems that the code you’ve added to the custom CSS editor is causing this issue on your site. From my trial on my test site, it looks like the background color code #d2c5e9 is setting the entire background to the light purple/lilac color via CSS - this will override all Site Styles and display the CSS specified color in place of this. 

Troubleshooting code falls outside our scope of support, so we can’t pinpoint the exact issue with the code. However, when I copy and pasted the code onto a test site, I was able to replicate the same issue there. This indicates that the code is causing or contributing to the issue on your site.

Once this code causing the issue has been revised or removed, you will be able to select the colors of the sections within the Site Styles > Colors panel as expected.
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you share your website URL? 

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link)