Padding / spacing on text blocks with new 7.1 upgrade

Hi all!

This is driving me coconuts. What's with all the text padding on this new upgrade? I've tried different CSS but I think i'm missing something. Is there a way to remove the extra padding in the text box (below "photography") so that I can get this thing to space correctly across devices? 

(ignore the marquee / scroller image in this question. I can't get it to go away)

I'm also having this issue across the whole site, so if there is a way to remove it from everything, that's even better!

Thank you in advance!

Link: https://poodle-cuboid-ema7.squarespace.com/

Password: design 

Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 10.11.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 4.18.30 PM.png

Edited by Layne_Alexandra
  • Replies 3
  • Views 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think what this is is down to the underlying grid (press G on your keyboard to show). All of the blocks have to take up a whole number of rows, so that example in the screenshot will exceed 2 rows and hence the block will take up three rows and have padding at the bottom. What you can do to center everything vertically is to set the block to center vertically aligned rather than top, and then reduce your section padding.

Hope that helps!

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

I think what this is is down to the underlying grid (press G on your keyboard to show). All of the blocks have to take up a whole number of rows, so that example in the screenshot will exceed 2 rows and hence the block will take up three rows and have padding at the bottom. What you can do to center everything vertically is to set the block to center vertically aligned rather than top, and then reduce your section padding.

Hope that helps!

I've tried that a couple of times but unfortunately it doesn't work properly when I view it on my phone. I cleared the cache on my phone as well. It looks like this screenshot attached instead of being centered.

IMG_C1501796CE02-1.jpeg

I'm not sure why that's happening, have you got any CSS that might be affecting the spacing?

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link)