Weird spacing issue when editing in Fluid Engine

Go to solution Solved by Caroline_Smith,

When building sites with fluid engine, I end up getting this weird spacing issue in edit mode. Here's a loom video

Essentially, every time I move any element, the whole page jumps down. If I move the element back or click the back arrow, the page jumps down again.  I end up having to discard changes so the weird spacing jumps don't take effect. I've reached out to support and they're saying that they can't see the issue on their end, and that it's probably my browser. 

I use Google Chrome, I cleared my cache and cookies, I opened an incognito window, I switched to Safari, and this issue still happens regardless of which browser or computer I'm on.  

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Do you know how to fix it? 

Any advice would be so helpful. 

• Solution

Is Google Chrome up-to-date? If not that, the only other thing I can think of is if you  have custom JavaScript or plugins installed on your site, that can sometimes cause editing conflicts in edit mode. If that's the case, you can disable custom code while editing your site.

Feel free to email me with any customization inquiries or questions you may have!

Free Squarespace Resources: DevTools Minicourse,  11-Step Guide to Improve Custom CSS, Free Product/Pricing Comparison Table Generator

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a similar problem with a number of sections on my site. Whenever I move one block (usually any block) the whole page jumps down by one row. Same thing is happening with scripts enabled and disabled, and it's also happening in at least one section with zero custom code blocks.

Did you ever find a solution?

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same problem, going to try these steps to disable code while I edit, but I'm not sure what's going on. I even removed all the Custom CSS temporarily and still had the issue while editing. 

On 10/27/2022 at 4:21 PM, Caroline_Smith said:

Is Google Chrome up-to-date? If not that, the only other thing I can think of is if you  have custom JavaScript or plugins installed on your site, that can sometimes cause editing conflicts in edit mode. If that's the case, you can disable custom code while editing your site.

Just tried this and also tried temporarily removing all of my CSS and code injection, but nothing seems to do the trick 😕

Edited by letmebuildyouawebsite
Add info

🌵 hi, i'm brooke. let me build you a website!

On 2/3/2023 at 4:48 AM, letmebuildyouawebsite said:

I'm having the same problem, going to try these steps to disable code while I edit, but I'm not sure what's going on. I even removed all the Custom CSS temporarily and still had the issue while editing. 

Just tried this and also tried temporarily removing all of my CSS and code injection, but nothing seems to do the trick 😕

Can you share link to a page where you have problem? We can take a look

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 months later...

I've also been having issues where when I click "edit" to re-enter my site's back-end, the blocks have been stretched the height of the Fluid engine grid has been stretched.

I've been able to record via loom a super minor example, after updating chrome and editing in "safe mode," where it shows how the image blocks become stretched after I've saved, stretching the section from 12 rows to 13 rows. I click in, shrink image, shrink section to 12 rows, click save. And once I've refreshed the page, it's back to stretched at 13 rows.

Again, this is a minor example - it's been stretching images, text blocks and button blocks which is a a huge issue, as they have to manually resized anyone clicks in to edit, which is not sustainable for the client! 

Any ideas??!

• 9 months later...

Has anyone found a solution to this? Just discovered how awful one of my sites looks in Google Chrome, I usually use Firefox or Safari. I can't edit in Chrome (just won't let me), and the block positioning in safari & firefox is completely different. I wish I had not upgraded to Fluid. I hate it. Seems crazy you can't go back.