7.1 differences: 2 sites

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

Hi Everyone.

I have been using square space for 5+ years, a circle member and I really loved the old Square Space versus Wordpress and custom coding sites in Dream Weaver. However, in designing a few sites this year, I'm noticing that the display is... for lack of a better term, "less robust" than it used to be.

Maybe it is a 7.1 thing, but the old system with "spacers" seems to give me better looking results across difference resolution displays and the mobile site. I remember in the old site builder, the Mobile version of the site always just worked. However, now I have to do a lot tinkering on the mobile side to get it to work at all.

What's going on? Is there away to avoid using templates from 7.1 because honestly I am not a fan of the new system and considering other platforms.

Here is a new site 7.1
www.Gum-Pop.com

And an Old Site I don't think it is 7.1
www.LaReinaLosAngeles.com

Edited by JordanService
no links
  • Solution

I suspect you have run into SS's new Fluid Engine.

There are many threads on this forum that touch on the issues with FE if you want to do research.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.