How to upload image to a product via Squarespace API

I need to integrate Claris FileMaker with Squarespace.

I want to upload images converted to Base64 strings to products via API curl command, but can't find an example on the API documentation page. Is it possible? If not, how I can upload images using API. The API documentation isn't clear for me?

Edited by Bartek
  • Replies 4
  • Views 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to upload images converted to Base64 strings to products via API curl command, but can't find an example on the API documentation page. Is it possible?

It's been ages since I've used FileMaker. Are you going to call curl from a script in your FM database?

SS using curl is just an example tool that can be used because it handles things without a lot of thought. You don't have to use curl. Any tool that can handle working with reading and writing web protocols can be used. In other words you don't have to use curl. Use whatever tool gets the job done.

The API docs don't talk about a base64 option so I don't think that is an option. If base64 is how your images are stored then you'd need to convert them to binary format.

Isn't here really anybody who sends images via API?

I've not had a need to do this myself but I just tested the API with the example provided and it worked.

I have no solutions for what you want to do, just throwing some things out there.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2022 at 2:00 AM, creedon said:

I've not had a need to do this myself but I just tested the API with the example provided and it worked.

Hi Creedon,

Sorry for late answer - I misses the notification.

What example do you have in mind? The example from API Documentation? Unfortunately I need the Base64 option.