Adding multiple image or text blocks in a section to be full bleed and equal width and in a strip style with CSS

Hi!

I've created a split section website and in a section on one page I'd like to create smaller blocks (like columns) that appear in a row and are equal width whilst the section acts full bleed (like in the image attached. Example can also be found at https://www.uccf.org.uk/welcoming-new-students). 

It feels like it should be relatively simple but so far the nature of the grid and the site margin mean I can't add equal size blocks that butt up next to each other across the whole page width.  I managed to get this look with a gallery block but I can't seem to add text over the images as I want.  I also don't necessarily want an image gallery but more different coloured square blocks with bold text over the top (and ideally a slide-up text box when hovering over each block that reveals more information).

Can anyone help me here please?  Is there any way to do this with custom CSS?  I've tried everything I can possibly think of and I'm stuck.   I'd really like to solve this if possible as it's a design style I'd like to repeat in different sections across the site.

Thanks!

Screenshot 2022-10-18 at 22.08.50.png

Edited by slam32
  • slam32 changed the title to Adding multiple image or text blocks in a section to be full bleed and equal width and in a strip style with CSS
  • Replies 3
  • Views 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, forgot to add link to site.  It's www.gbubelgique.com

I haven't managed to figure a way out of achieving what I wanted to so I formatted the information just as text blocks for now.  It's not what I want but it's clear and readable for the time being.  However, if there's a way of achieving the style with the blocks as mentioned above that'd be great!

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.ef46fd5a8f94ceab6c00f52c1a1df4a6.png

This is possible with Summary Block or Gallery Section or Blog Page.... Especially if you use a Business Plan or higher, we will have some ways to achieve it.

Do you use Personal plan or? Which page/block do you want to use? This title will be clickable or non-clickable?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)