Unable to set weights with decimals in products

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

• Solution

If you are having difficulty adding 0.1Kg for 100g, please ensure you are adding a zero before the decimal point. If you type the decimal point in an empty field it may not be recognised.

image.png.df57eeec74288665e985bb7ad2d3462b.png

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 5 months later...

Site URL: https://tangerinejukebox.com

I've been creating my first few products in Squarespace; I sell a lot of small lightweight items, such as rubber stamps, earrings, keyrings.

When setting the weight, it seems that decimals aren't accepted; I tried both in the lbs and kg weight system, tried both commas and periods as decimals, yet nothing works and 1kg seems to be the minimum weight I'm able to enter.

I have one product where I was able to add a 0.1kg, but I don't see a consistency in where/how it's accepted and other times not.

Am I missing something or is there a bug where Squarespace does not allow more detailed product weights for these?

Edited by TangerineJukebox

@paul2009 I'm having issues adding any decimals for weights, but this specifically seems to be when there are item variants - it ignores periods (and I tried commas just in case) and sets the minimum weight to 1kg if it's anything other than zero.

The weight is set correctly to 0.1kg when it's an individual item with no variants.

Any suggestions whether this is a configuration issue on my part or a bug in Squarespace?

[Edit: I think I worked out why I was about to set it once...

The weight needs to be set to 01kg (one kilo but with a zero before it), then I can click / move the cursor before the 1 to add the decimal.

*facepalm* That's atrociously bad design.]

Edited by TangerineJukebox
  • TangerineJukebox changed the title to Unable to set weights with decimals in products
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

since a couple of weeks I can not add the weight of a product below 1 kg to my shop page. I tried both 0.6 and 0,6 but both don't work.

Please help me how to solve this because customers have to pay to much shipment cost now and I see my sale just dropping dead.

Thanks,

Anne-Marie

2 hours ago, Anne-Marie said:

since a couple of weeks I can not add the weight of a product below 1 kg to my shop page.

Please see my post above.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 month later...
On 10/16/2022 at 9:10 AM, TangerineJukebox said:

Wow... I think I worked out why I was about to set it once...

The weight needs to be set to 01kg (one kilo but with a zero before it), then I can click / move the cursor before the 1 to add the decimal.

*facepalm* That's atrociously bad design.

Thank you!! This has been giving me such a headache. I agree, its a terrible design 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there was a way to calculate shipping based on order size. I mainly sell journals, and if they buy one bulkier journal, it can still be sent as lettermail, but as soon as there's more than one, the package would have to be sent as parcel, because it'd be too big for lettermail. Is there a way around this? I've looked on the forum already, but it's not exactly the issue I'm having.

Also, Is there a way to add a decimal in the weight? because these items are very light, as in 67g for a small journal, and like, 2g for a bookmark. The system will only allow me to add non-decimal numbers, so I left it at 0lbs, and the journals at 1lbs, even though it's 'only' 300g.

Thanks in advance.