Site Widths Not Consistent Across iPad, Desktop, and iPhone

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: http://andykhouri.com

I fear this may be a stupid question but I haven't found it anywhere else yet, so I'm taking the plunge. 

Screenshot 1: My site in Desktop.

Screenshot 2: My site in Tablet.

Screenshot 3: My site in iPhone.

Desktop and iPhone look perfect, but the Tablet view is messed up. I used a custom code to disable the mobile navigation, but the text and portfolio widths are full bleed, rather than conforming to the dimensions seen in Desktop and iPhone (the width of the header, basically). This problem is consistent across every page on the site seen on Tablet; everything pushes right up against the edge of the screen. 

I think the simplest solution would be to disable mobile view on the tablet completely, but I don't know if there's a code for that. Perhaps there's a code to force the tablet view to keep all content within the width of the header?

andykhouri.com; site is live and should be visible to everyone. 

Thanks for any help!

Screen Shot 2022-10-15 at 12.48.33 PM.png

IMG_2127.jpeg

Screen Shot 2022-10-15 at 12.56.44 PM.png

• Solution
6 minutes ago, AndyKhouri said:

Desktop and iPhone look perfect, but the Tablet view is messed up.

This is a known issue with the new "Fluid Engine" layout tool. There are, as you will have seen, two distinct and separate layouts for mobile and desktop but there isn't a tablet specific layout yet so avoiding layout issues on tablet and smaller-sized screens can be difficult unless you lay the page out specifically to avoid this issue. Of course this isn't always possible. 

Squarespace employees don't routinely monitor this forum for feedback (see the guidelines - item 6) so to pass this feedback to Squarespace, please open a support ticket with Squarespace Customer Care.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.