• Replies 6
  • Views 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/15/2022 at 3:34 PM, Guest41 said:

Hi there,

I was wondering if there was a way to have a controlled event in the product page so when a user selects an option from a drop-down menu another drop-down menu would appear.

Would this be possible in squarespace?

On 10/15/2022 at 8:34 PM, Guest41 said:

I was wondering if there was a way…so when a user selects an option from a drop-down menu another drop-down menu would appear.

Squarespace does not have a feature to selectively show/hide variant options. All variant options will appear, even unavailable combinations.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2022 at 2:42 AM, paul2009 said:

Squarespace does not have a feature to selectively show/hide variant options. All variant options will appear, even unavailable combinations.

Thank you for this. If this isn't available is there a way to add an additional button to the product page so that it shows a popup form where they can select the items they want, and it gets sent to us?

2 hours ago, Guest41 said:

is there a way to add an additional button to the product page so that it shows a popup form where they can select the items they want, and it gets sent to us?

I am not sure I understand your question. Can you explain what isn't working for you and why? A working link to the website may also help us.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

41 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

I am not sure I understand your question. Can you explain what isn't working for you and why? A working link to the website may also help us.

So, when the user clicks on the button a popup form will appear this will allow the user to any options that they want, and the results would be sent to us via email or when they purchase the item.

It would look like this

Ambré Joy — Test Website (squarespace.com)

PW- 123456789

1 hour ago, Guest41 said:

when the user clicks on the button a popup form will appear this will allow the user to any options that they want

You can create a Custom Product Form for any product to allow customers to select product options that do not influence the price of the product. The form will appear when they click the 'Add to Cart' button and the information they enter will be included in order notification emails.

I couldn't look at the website link you provided because the site was private (no password had been set).