How to type a paragraph of text in one place but have it populate on 100 pages?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

I am building a site that will have about 100 blog posts. Every blog post must have 2 separate blocks of the same text on every post. How can I type that text in one spot and have it populate on all 100 blog posts so if I ever have to change the text I can just change it in one place instead of editing 100 blog posts.

I apologize I dont know the proper terminology for this.I searched and could not find the answer. My apologies if this has already been answered. Thank you so much.

• Solution
On 10/13/2022 at 8:07 AM, joyjoy said:

Every blog post must have 2 separate blocks of the same text on every post. How can I type that text in one spot and have it populate on all 100 blog posts.

There isn't a built in feature that can do this so you will require some custom code to be written. If you'd like help writing this, please provide us with more details, including a working link to the blog, details of the text you'd like to add and how it must be formatted/styled. This will allow the community to suggest solutions.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

ok thank you for letting me know it is not a built-in feature. I hacked a work-around for it. I created a not-linked blog and put the text in the excerpt. Then on the public blog page, I inserted a summary block and chose the not linked page. Now that I know it requires custom code, I would rather hire someone to do it for me than try to figure it out and ruin the code of my website. Is there a section on this forum to find people who are available for future reference? Thanks so much for all your help.

On 10/18/2022 at 3:31 AM, joyjoy said:

ok thank you for letting me know it is not a built-in feature. I hacked a work-around for it. I created a not-linked blog and put the text in the excerpt. Then on the public blog page, I inserted a summary block and chose the not linked page. Now that I know it requires custom code, I would rather hire someone to do it for me than try to figure it out and ruin the code of my website. Is there a section on this forum to find people who are available for future reference? Thanks so much for all your help.

You can post your problem to some groups on FB to hire a dev, eg: Squarespace Community, Squarespace Customization Resource Group.

However, If you want to add some same simple text for all posts, just let me which text + share link to a blog post + where position, we can give code to achieve this.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 weeks later...