Adjusting blog post ordering (chronological)?

Hi all, 

I'm reaching out to see if anyone has found a custom coding solution for adjusting the ordering of blogposts in a summary block. I'm working on an archive website, so changing the dates of each entry to adjust the ordering isn't an option for me, as the publish dates are important to display. Squarespace orders the blogposts in reverse chronological order, but I would like them ordered in chronological order. 

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. 

• Replies 4
  • Views 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, lsstone said:

Hi all, 

I'm reaching out to see if anyone has found a custom coding solution for adjusting the ordering of blogposts in a summary block. I'm working on an archive website, so changing the dates of each entry to adjust the ordering isn't an option for me, as the publish dates are important to display. Squarespace orders the blogposts in reverse chronological order, but I would like them ordered in chronological order. 

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. 

Can you share your site with the protected password so I can take a look at your requirement?

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

Hi @bangank36, the website is https://www.viewfromtheground.com/vol-1 (pw: vftg). 

As you can see on that page, there's an archive of old issues/editions that are organized by year in summary blocks. Within the summary blocks I would like them to be ordered in chronological order as opposed to reverse chronological order. 

Most resources say I should adjust the publish date to adjust the order, but this isn't a good solution for me because the publication date is important to display in the archive. 

Thanks so much for any help or advice you can provide here. 

• 4 weeks later...