click through multiple pages of work in gallery or portfolio structure

Is it possible to create a gallery/portfolio page in 7.1 similar to the attached image, that has an option to click through multiple pages of work?

We have a lot of work to showcase, but don’t want it all to be immediately shown on one page.

Ideally we would show 9 items per page in a grid structure before you click through to the next page of items to see the next 9.

GalleryExample.png

• Replies 3
  • Views 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

You can do this manually

Add a standard page, eg: Page 1, with 9 projects & a Text Block with 4 link: 1, 2, 3, 4 (bold 1)

Next, add a second page, eg: Page 2, with another 9 projects & a Text Block with 4 link: 1, 2, 3, 4 (bold 2)

Do similar.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Another manual way is to emulate the navigate links that appear on the bottom of portfolio sub-pages, and put them on the portfolio main page.

Create multiple portfolio pages (e.g. volume 1, volume 2,...) each with the same formatting. In your case make them 3 columns wide and make 9 projects (portfolio sub-pages) in each. 

On each portfolio page, add a section below the grid produced on a portfolio page, add a block on the left and right, and put text formatted as a link to the next (on right) and previous (on left) portfolio page. You can use > or < which are a little smaller, but similar to, the arrows used in the portfolio sub-pages. 

Then put the portfolio pages in a folder, say "My work".  I did that on my site www.petersimonsonflydresser.com.  The "my work" is found in the navigation section at the top of any page on my site.

If you want to have a "master portfolio" page as the starting point for navigation, you can do that manually, by placing 9 images, each representing the portfolio page (each 9 projects), and adding link to the image to the portfolio pages for each image.  The user can either return to this master page or use the navigation links you created on the bottom of each portfolio page.

Does this help?

Edited by FlyDresser