Can I password protect a particular button?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://www.charlottenorthlacrosse.com

I would like to password protect a button for a certain event to be listed on the above website.

The event will only we open to a certain group initially (to whom we would give the button password).  With the password, the button would let them use the embedded registration link.

If the event is not sold out, we'll remove the button password, and the public can then use the embedded registration link.

We would only password protect one button on a page that lists multiple events (each with working registration buttons).

If it's possible to password protect a particular button, please explain how.

Thanks.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution
4 minutes ago, kcln52 said:

I would like to password protect a button for a certain event to be listed on the above website.

You cannot password-protect an individual event or an individual button. However, you can create a separate page for this event and password protect the page. You can then direct the group to this page instead.

If you are creating the registration page on leagueapps.com (as you have with other events) then bear in mind that users will be able to find it there unless you can protect it too.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.