Hide Featured Image

Site URL: https://www.billthompsonstudio.com/sculpture

Whenever we add a new image to the gallery page, it automatically adds the most recent image as the featured image that appears in the navigation banner which we want to remain white. 

Is there a way to hide the image so it doesn't automatically show up in the navigation? Otherwise, whenever we add a new image to the gallery, we have to go to settings/media and remove the image. To me that's not a big deal but my client makes the additions and can't seem to grasp this concept.

Any code to hide featured image on gallery pages would be appreciated. Would like this to be site-wide.

Edited by drewekatz
  • Replies 2
  • Views 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This should solve your problem, from another thread:

On 6/28/2020 at 10:25 PM, tuanphan said:

Try edit Page Settings > Media

or add this to Page Settings > Advanced > Header

(Or add Code Block)

<style>
  .Parallax-item img {
    visibility: hidden;
}
</style>

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

Thanks.

Yes, you can remove the image from settings/media but every time my client adds a new image, it repopulates and he can't remember to do this manually every time.

I tried the code, but while this removed the image, in place it leaves a black background which creates the same effect where the fonts in navigation aren't visible. I want it to remain white (which is what happens when I remove the image from the media).  In other words, the same effect as if I had removed the image manually. When I simple hide it, the result is a black navigation banner.

Edited by drewekatz