Need Help with a Content Mgmt Solution

Site URL: https://www.slowmaterial.org/kaitlin-bryson

Hello Forum! I have loads of SS sites and understand the platform fairly well. I need help with my own site. I'd like to create a repository of data (pages) about artists, orgs, books, opportunities, resources. Ideally, I'd like the data to display as it does in the page linked above. I also know I can sort and categorize and tag this same content in a variety of summary pages or summary blocks and/or blogs, then choose to display them in various ways and allow for searching and filtering and alpha ordering, etc.

I know the pros and cons re: how many items will show tbd on which solution I choose, and which path will allow me to link content to a pop-up window vs a page, etc and etc. Problem: 1. None of the built-in solutions are ideal. 2. Creating a new page for every piece of info is tedious and also will bloat the site. I have 100 pcs of data now and hope to have 350ish?? 3. Creating a new page for each also has search and indexing issues. 

QUESTION: Do you have ideas about off-the-shelf content mgmt systems wherein I can add data in a spreadsheet and upload it to the site, where it would then display in a template styled to look like this page? OR Recommendation to explicitly line item what I'd like a section to do, then custom code each part of the solution? i.e., to force the data to appear alpha order, to override the 35 (40?) entry limit for summary blocks, etc etc? Is that even possible, or is SS not intended for that level of customization?

I don't mind paying someone to consult if this question is pushing the bounds of community help. I would appreciate another thinking mind to bounce this around with. Thanks much.

• Replies 2
  • Views 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Lesley said:

Site URL: https://www.slowmaterial.org/kaitlin-bryson

Hello Forum! I have loads of SS sites and understand the platform fairly well. I need help with my own site. I'd like to create a repository of data (pages) about artists, orgs, books, opportunities, resources. Ideally, I'd like the data to display as it does in the page linked above. I also know I can sort and categorize and tag this same content in a variety of summary pages or summary blocks and/or blogs, then choose to display them in various ways and allow for searching and filtering and alpha ordering, etc.

I know the pros and cons re: how many items will show tbd on which solution I choose, and which path will allow me to link content to a pop-up window vs a page, etc and etc. Problem: 1. None of the built-in solutions are ideal. 2. Creating a new page for every piece of info is tedious and also will bloat the site. I have 100 pcs of data now and hope to have 350ish?? 3. Creating a new page for each also has search and indexing issues. 

QUESTION: Do you have ideas about off-the-shelf content mgmt systems wherein I can add data in a spreadsheet and upload it to the site, where it would then display in a template styled to look like this page? OR Recommendation to explicitly line item what I'd like a section to do, then custom code each part of the solution? i.e., to force the data to appear alpha order, to override the 35 (40?) entry limit for summary blocks, etc etc? Is that even possible, or is SS not intended for that level of customization?

I don't mind paying someone to consult if this question is pushing the bounds of community help. I would appreciate another thinking mind to bounce this around with. Thanks much.

Hi,

Do you mean you want to load your content from another source page?

This is my result I implement for one of my customer. I wonder if it meets your requirement

image.png.7efb3914e03c075d4c153966b90dffca.png

When you hover a link, it will show the source content on a popover box

Edited by bangank36

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

Hello! No, I would like to be able to manage my content in a spreadsheet, so that I don't have to build a page for every piece of content. A CRM system, basically.  So I'd have a template, and a spreadsheet I upload, and the backend would resolve the data (??) so that the user could navigate through the site and see each data set in a template page. 

Is this making sense?