Customize Lock Screen.

Hi, I’d like to know if there is a way to add live links to the Lock Screen. I’d like the users to have access to the menu as with other pages. I’d also like to know how to add basic footer information like copyright etc.. we should be able to have more functionality 

Hi @NLP, the lock screen design is pretty limited, but can be added to in a couple of small areas. 

In the dashboard, go to Design and then Lock Screen, edit the layout and add text and links to the title or description. 

Hope that helps!

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

Hi  @Ziggy thanks for your reply. Yes I have done all of these already, but I don’t understand why the Lock Screen can’t just function as a regular page within the site with the same functionality and appearance. Seems a little backward to me, but maybe this will change with future upgrades.

Thanks

@NLP I doubt they will increase the functionality of the lock screen, it's specifically designed to limit access and usage of the website. If you had a header with links on the lock screen and clicked on a page, it would just reload the lock screen until you put in the password as the website is only accessible after putting in the password. What are you trying to achieve with the lock screen page?

Zygmunt Spray
Contact me: 

Yes @Ziggy I understand.. I would like to be able to lock access to a document (pdf) download on a specific page, so the option would be to lock the specific page that contains the link to download the pdf. However, when you apply a password to a specific page you get the global Lock Screen and no other options. It should really be a continuation of the websites look and feel but just require a password to access the page. 

Unless I’m missing something, I think it’s a small but also major floor in the Lock Screen function.

Edited by NLP

You're right, Squarespace doesn't offer a feature for locking individual documents or downloads.

Depending on why you are password protecting the document you can alternatively just hide the download behind a form or perhaps just password protect the PDF with Adobe and allow anyone to download then you can give the password anyway in any way you want. Hope that idea helps!

https://www.adobe.com/uk/acrobat/online/password-protect-pdf.html

Zygmunt Spray
Contact me: 

Hi @Ziggy thank you. Yes i had thought about the adobe route, but I wanted to have it all happen seamlessly within the site. No worries, maybe they will integrate this kind of functionality later. I do think it has value. Maybe there is a way to do it through he members area or something like that. I’ll keep trying..

Thanks 🙂