mobile view menu doesn't work

Hello

I have a forced hamburger menu. The code stopped working today - the menu shows, but the pages are not clickable. I contacted SS and they said they did an update and something in my CSS isn't working. 

It works except for formatting the text and the hover - but I can't figure out what they did. 

HELP! It's our 75th anniversary this week and I need it fixed! 

password is: Bassetti47!

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, deaton72 said:

I have a forced hamburger menu. The code stopped working today - the menu shows, but the pages are not clickable.

Start by removing this Custom CSS:

line-height: 0px !important;

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

1 hour ago, deaton72 said:

No luck

When I remove that line of your CSS, it works fine for me:

image.thumb.gif.297fb76d012d96a2a62cc3d0f7f317a1.gif

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

23 hours ago, deaton72 said:

Site URL: http://bassettiarch.com

Hello

I have a forced hamburger menu. The code stopped working today - the menu shows, but the pages are not clickable. I contacted SS and they said they did an update and something in my CSS isn't working. 

It works except for formatting the text and the hover - but I can't figure out what they did. 

HELP! It's our 75th anniversary this week and I need it fixed! 

password is: Bassetti47!

The same thing happened to me today!  

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2022 at 2:53 AM, tuanphan said:

It looks like you solved this?

On 6/11/2022 at 2:53 AM, tuanphan said:

It looks like you solved this?

I removed part of the code which caused it to be clickable again.  Unfortunately, it caused my menu to spread out far enough that you have to scroll to view all of it.  Still trying to find code to get it to condense a bit so it shows up all on one page.  

• 2 months later...

What do you mean by does work? It does seem to work in my testing, but the problem I can see is that the background colour is white and the navigation link colour is white, you can adjust these settings in the Design Style editor.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

Hi Ziggy,

Thanks for the reply. You were right! The text was set to white so they didn't show up on white background. However, I was trying to change the Them color so the background would have some color and I can still keep the text white, it still doesn't change as I set from the them color palette.

Now it shows dark navy text on white background (which is better than before) but I still have a fade trace of shadow of logo (because the logo is white).

Maybe I have something in my CSS that won't let me make the change?

Could you please take a look at the page?

Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 11.21.59 AM.png

On 10/5/2022 at 11:24 PM, ChicagoAwakeningChurch said:

Hi Ziggy,

Thanks for the reply. You were right! The text was set to white so they didn't show up on white background. However, I was trying to change the Them color so the background would have some color and I can still keep the text white, it still doesn't change as I set from the them color palette.

Now it shows dark navy text on white background (which is better than before) but I still have a fade trace of shadow of logo (because the logo is white).

Maybe I have something in my CSS that won't let me make the change?

Could you please take a look at the page?

Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 11.21.59 AM.png

To change burger overlay color, add this to Design > Custom CSS

.header-menu-bg.theme-bg--primary {
    background-color: #42617a !important;
}
nav.header-menu-nav-list * {
    color: white !important;
    border-color: white !important;
}
body.header--menu-open .burger-inner>div {
    background-color: white !important;
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 months later...

Hi. I'm having the same issue currently. The hamburger menu works and is clickable on mobile, however it's not clickable on desktop. I contacted Squarespace support, and they said they made some updates which are affecting CSS. Can someone assist me with this?

1 minute ago, Ina3 said:

I contacted Squarespace support, and they said they made some updates which are affecting CSS. Can someone assist me with this?

We may not be able to overcome the issue.

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

Please set up a site-wide password, if your site is not public and you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site.

Please read the site-wide password and how to share a link documentation to understand how they work.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

3 hours ago, creedon said:

We may not be able to overcome the issue.

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

Please set up a site-wide password, if your site is not public and you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site.

Please read the site-wide password and how to share a link documentation to understand how they work.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Thanks for your response. Here is the home URL: https://www.externalaffairs.ca/

I read the site-wide password documentation. However, our site is currently public so is there a way for us to move forward without password protecting the entire site?

2 hours ago, Ina3 said:

However, our site is currently public so is there a way for us to move forward without password protecting the entire site?

You only need to deal with the site-wide password if your site IS NOT public.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

6 hours ago, Ina3 said:

Hi. I'm having the same issue currently. The hamburger menu works and is clickable on mobile, however it's not clickable on desktop.

Here's the deal. The mobile works because mobile is using SS built-in burger menu.

You have installed better burger which is custom 3rd party code to create a burger menu on Desktop. This code is throwing errors perhaps because SS made changes to their CSS. But SS is not responsible for maintaining custom code.

Have you contacted the better burger code author to see if they have an update for their code?

• Marcus_SQSP changed the title to Navigation menu not clickable!! - Help urgent fix needed!
  • 9 months later...
On 9/30/2023 at 10:57 AM, jjhjjh said:

burger menu no longer being clickable on mobile

I am unable to reproduce your issue. I was able to click on the mobile menu. It opened and closed normally.

Edited by creedon

• 6 months later...