Need Support with Connecting a Domain (GoDaddy)

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

I'd like to forward the GoDaddy domain to a newly designed squarespace site for a client of mine without transferring it to squarespace.  I called the customer service rep at GoDaddy and they informed me that if I change the nameservers that it will cause their email to go down and I would prefer to avoid that if possible.

Is there a way to access the DNS information so that I can manually change the settings on the GoDaddy account? Or is there another way to do this?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you!

• Solution
8 minutes ago, JacobPierce said:

I'd like to forward the GoDaddy domain to a newly designed squarespace site for a client of mine without transferring it to squarespace.  I called the customer service rep at GoDaddy and they informed me that if I change the nameservers that it will cause their email to go down and I would prefer to avoid that if possible.

I've assumed you want to connect the GoDaddy domain to a Squarespace website. Forwarding is something entirely different. Also, the statement about email going down is unlikely. 

That said, if you'd prefer not to use Squarespace's new Nameserver Connect service you can opt out and manually add DNS records to GoDaddy. This option, known to Squarespace as DNS Connect, will appear during the process of connecting your domain.

This guide explains the records that you'll need to create in GoDaddy: DNS records for connecting third-party domains

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

When nameservers are changed, the DNS records should remain the same but, as you say, if you want to be 100% certain you can use DNS Connect instead. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 8 months later...
1 minute ago, mrdcmiller said:

where can i find the DNS setting that I can input to Godaddy?

There's a link to the documentation in my post above.

26 minutes ago, mrdcmiller said:

I made the 'mistake' of changing the Nameservers in godaddy, without adding the CNAMEs...where can I edit the CNAMES in Squarespace?

You only need to add the records manually if you use GoDaddy nameservers. If you've changed the nameservers, Squarespace takes care of the settings for you.